Holiday parties will soon become a nightly occurrence, and in addition to all the sweets that are destined to be served, alcohol will most definitely have a spot on the menu. Whether you choose to drink alcohol or not, enjoying cocktails in a healthier way is possible by - you guessed it - adding some superfoods! Feel free to add in the alcohol or keep it out of these festive cocktail recipes, and enjoy the health benefits you’ll get while you sip this season.
Acai and Raspberry Spritzer
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 a lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp acai berry powder
- Two shots of rum, vodka or gin
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Optional ice and lemon slices for garnish
- In a blender, combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Pour a shot of the preferred alcohol into each large chilled glass.
- Pour the fruit mix into the glasses and top with sparkling water.
- Stir well and garnish each glass with a slice of lemon and ice.
- 1 shot white rum of choice
- 1.5 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tsp cranberry powder
- 1 tsp blueberry powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- Mix the cranberry juice, blueberry powder and cranberry powder in a blender. Set aside.
- Muddle together the mint leaves and sugar in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the lime juice, rum and pureed blueberry/cranberry mix to the shaker: shake vigorously.
- Divide ice into two tall glasses and then pour in the rum mixture. Gently stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of mint.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- 2 shots of bourbon
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Store in the fridge for 10-20 minutes to thicken slightly
- Pour into 2 glasses, sprinkle with grated nutmeg and serve
Mulberry Mulled Wine
- 2 bottles of red wine
- 4 whole star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup dried mulberries
- 2 clementines, juiced
- 2 shots of dark rum
- Put a large pan over a low heat and add the wine, star anise, cinnamon, vanilla, mulberries and clementine juice.
- Let the mixture infuse slowly for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the rum and stir in before serving immediately