Let’s be honest, we’re always looking for new ways to reduce the signs of aging - because they’re starting to show. Hands down, one of the best superfoods for younger-looking skin is the goji berry, which is known for fighting off disease and premature aging. The best part? You can enjoy these benefits by either eating goji berries or wearing them! Check out these recipes below for some edible anti-aging benefits as well as a DIY face mask.
Coconut and Berry Bliss Balls
- 1/4 cup almond meal (or hazelnut meal)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- liquid sweetener
- optional couple tbsp chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in your food processor. Process until mixture starts to clump together.
- Add liquid sweetener as needed. Form into energy bites.
Goji Berry Tea
- 1 tbsp/2 c water goji berries
- Raw honey (optional) to taste
- Squeeze of lemon (optional)
- Put goji berries in pitcher.
- Pour cold or warm water on berries.
- Let is steep until the water turns a lovely reddish color and the gojis are plump.
- Chill if desired.
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and any excess pith removed
- 1/2 c coconut water OR almond milk OR water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp goji berries
- 1/2 " pc peeled ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar OR maple syrup
- 3/4 c ice
- Blend everything together in a high-power blender, until completely smooth.
- Add the ice and blend again.
- Serve immediately.
Goji Berry Face Mask
- Small handful of goji berries
- ½ tsp raw honey
- 4 tsp water
- Soak goji berries in 4 tsp of water for 15 minutes.
- Once the time is up, mash up the goji berries to a pulp using clean fingers.
- Add ½ tsp raw honey, mix up then smear the mask on your clean face and neck.
- Let it penetrate for 15 minutes then rinse off, pat dry and moisturize.