The Amla berry, also known as the Amalaki or Indian Gooseberry, is called “The Great Rejuvenator.” This super fruit supports allover well-being, promoting balance and health in many of the body’s systems. Our Organic Raw Amla Powder contains strong antioxidants that may prevent cell degeneration, and is a rich source of ellagic acid, which reduces oxidative stress and fights free radicals.
- High in vitamin C
- High in antioxidants
- 100% pure
The Amla berry, also known as the Amalaki or Indian Gooseberry, is often called “The Great Rejuvenator.” This mighty berry, which is not actually related to the gooseberry, has been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine to flush toxins and is referred to as “Mother Nature” because of its many possible healing properties.
A Full Spectrum of Nutrients for All-Around Health
The Amla berry acts as protector to the body for many age-related conditions. Its nutritional profile rivals some of the better-known super fruits like the Acai, Goji, and Goldenberries. Our Organic Raw Amla Power provides full-spectrum healing for many of the body’s systems. A powerful source of antioxidants, phenols, and bioflavonoids, Amla is often used to treat digestive problems, promote cell rejuvenation, and increase energy.
Our Amla Power is rich in amino acids, phytonutrients, and trace minerals, like Vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant. Amla is one of the best sources of phenolic compounds like ellagic acid, embicanin A and B, and gallic acid, a combination of phenols that may reduce oxidative stress in cells, killing free radicals that compromise the immune system. These phenols may also be phenomenal detoxifying agents, cleansing the liver, spleen, and lungs.
Rich in Ellagic Acid
One of the most beneficial components of our Organic Raw Alma Power is ellagic acid, a phytonutrient that is in a class of substances called tannins. Ellagic acid is a powerful antioxidant, showing possible anti-carcinogenic and anti-mutagenic properties.
Amla powder also contains essential enzymes, including Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), glutathione peroxidase, and catalase. SOD is one of the most powerful defenses against chemically reactive molecules (free radicals) that damage cells. Free radicals invade the body through pesticides and herbicides, ozone contamination, nutritional deficiencies, injuries, UV gamma rays, and toxic metals. SOD acts as an antioxidant that helps the body to repair itself quickly. SOD has been known to slow the effects of aging and reduce inflammation in the body.
A Strong Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory
With just one serving a day of our Organic Raw Amla Powder, the body is on its way to full health and healing. Amla berries are a great source of bioflavonoids like Rutin and Quercetin, which act as antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. Our Organic Raw Amla Powder is a great way to increase energy, build muscle tone, and create strong bones, teeth, and nails. Some have even used our Organic Raw Amla Powder to heighten libido and improve eyesight.
Our Organic Raw Amla Powder comes from sustainably harvested trees and is 100% natural. We bring to you a delicious and slightly tart super powder that is free from chemical additives and pesticides. Try our Organic Raw Amla Powder in smoothies, ice creams, shakes, and raw desserts, or mix with juice or milk products.
If cared for properly, our Organic Raw Amla Powder has a shelf life of two to three years. To preserve the freshness of this product:
- Avoid exposure to heat. The powder will remain fresh if stored at room temperature or below.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Squeeze all of the air out of the bag before sealing.
- Seal the bag tightly after each use.
- Store the powder in a dry place, and avoid all contact with moisture.
We package all of our superfood powders in all-natural brown kraft bags, each with a resealable zipper across the top. Each bag has a thin metal lining, which serves as a very effective barrier to light, oxygen, odors, flavors, moisture, and bacteria.
While printed plastic bags with clear windows may look beautiful, studies have shown that the toxins contained in the plastic are absorbed by food that is in direct contact with the plastic. Foods that are raw and all-natural, like superfood powders, are even more susceptible to this type of contamination than processed foods.
Aamalaki, Amalaki, Amblabaum, Amla, Aonla, Aovla, Arbre de Malacca, Arbre Myrobolan, Dhatriphala, Emblic, Emblica, Emblica officinalis, Emblic Myrobalan, Groseille Indienne, Groseillier de Ceylan, Grosella de la India, Indian Gooseberry, Mirobalano, Myrobalan Emblic, Neli, Phyllanthus emblica, Yu Gan Zi
Country of Origin
While much research is still being conducted, some of the possible health benefits of our Organic Raw Amla Powder may include:
- May be effective in increasing energy
- High in antioxidants, with high levels of tannins, polyphenols and vitamin C
- May be beneficial for treating digestive problems
- May help to promote a healthy immune system
- May be useful in promoting cell regeneration
- High in vitamin C, which may help to fight off colds and infections
- A good source of ellagic acid
- May be benefical for proper urinary system functioning
- May support the growth of hair and nails
- Contains high levels of antioxidants, which are known to be effective in fighting free radicals
- Studies have shown that it contains compounds that may have anti-inflammatory properties
- May help to increase blood flow and circulation
- May be helpful in strengthening and improving eyesight
- May help to improve mental clarity and memory
- May be beneficial in improvign muscle tone
- May be effective in supporting healthy cholesterol levels
- May help to support a healthy heart
- May help to flush toxins out of the system
- May assist in fortifying the liver, spleen, and lung
- May be beneficial for strengthening the bones & teeth
- Traditionally used a full body rejuvenator
The recommended daily usage is 1-2 teaspoons.
As with all superfood powders, listen to your body, as you may find that either a smaller or higher intake is more suitable to your body. We recommend that you start with the recommended daily amount, and, if desired, gradually increase or decrease your daily consumption.
This powder blends well with juice, rice or soy milk, and yogurt, or can be added to your favorite smoothie. It can also be mixed into your homemade energy bars. While you can add this powder to a variety of recipes, raw food enthusiasts avoid cooking or heating in order to preserve the food's nutritional value.
From the Blog