Ingredient : Organic Camu Camu Powder (Raw)
Mangosteen Powder (Raw)
Organic Mangosteen Powder (Raw)
Our antioxidant-rich Raw Mangosteen Powder has a whopping 2,510 ORAC score, a rating almost unheard of in a fruit. Thanks to a class of naturally occurring polyphenols called xanthones, which are present in the dark purple rind of the berry, the mangosteen is one of the best superfoods to possibly fight free radicals and heal damaged cells.
Sure, you know that collard greens and kale have ORAC scores that are practically off the chart. But did you know that the mangosteen, a tiny little berry with a dark purple rind and white, fleshy pulp rivals these leafy greens with a 2,510 ORAC rating?
An Impressive Profile of Xanthones
The antioxidant levels in our Raw Mangosteen Powder are through the roof, thanks to a class of naturally occurring polyphenols called xanthones (zan-thones), which are found in the mangosteen’s pericarp, or skin. When partially ripe, the mangosteen yields polyhydroxy-xanthone derivatives known as mangostin and beta-mangostin, which are vital compounds in the fight against disease and compromised cells. The fully ripened mangosteen berry contains the xanthones gartanin, beta-disoxygartanin, and normangostin. These xanthones, which are more abundant in the mangosteen than in any other fruit, may have a positive effect on cardiovascular health and can heal cells that have been damaged by free radicals.
The xanthones in our Raw Mangosteen Powder can help slow signs of aging, combat degenerative diseases, and reduce mental and physical deterioration in the body. Rich in essential vitamins and minerals, the mangosteen is a great weapon an arsenal to fight inflammation, fatigue, and obesity. Research shows that the mangosteen can boost the immune system, elevate mood, reduce vertigo, promote healthy teeth and gums, and heal weakened joints.
The “Queen of All Fruits”
Many health practitioners are studying the unique compounds that are found in our mangosteens for their positive effects on arthritis, diabetes, bacterial and viral infections, asthma, atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), and sleep disorders.
The mangosteen, which has no relationship to the mango, is called the “Queen of All Fruits” for good reason. For hundreds of years, Asian natives have revered the mangosteen for its ability to treat infection, relieve pain, reduce fevers, and boost the immune system. The mangosteen is still treasured in Thailand and Indonesia, where the pericarp is made into an ointment to help eczema and other skin disorders.
This exotic tropical fruit is native to the South Pacific, and takes on a brilliant purple hue when fully ripe. The rind is where most of the beneficial nutrients are found, and the white pulp is often enjoyed as a delicious dessert in Southeast Asia.
Our Raw Mangosteen Powder is harvested from the entire berry, ensuring that all of the medicinal properties as well as the sweet goodness are delivered to you in an amazing powder that tastes great with smoothies, juices, cereal, and yogurt.
If cared for properly, our Raw Mangosteen Powder has a shelf life of two to three years. To preserve the freshness of this product:
- Avoid exposure to heat. The powder will remain fresh if stored at room temperature or below.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Squeeze all of the air out of the bag before sealing.
- Seal the bag tightly after each use.
- Store the powder in a dry place, and avoid all contact with moisture.
We package all of our superfood powders in all-natural brown kraft bags, each with a resealable zipper across the top. Each bag has a thin metal lining, which serves as a very effective barrier to light, oxygen, odors, flavors, moisture, and bacteria.
While printed plastic bags with clear windows may look beautiful, studies have shown that the toxins contained in the plastic are absorbed by food that is in direct contact with the plastic. Foods that are raw and all-natural, like superfood powders, are even more susceptible to this type of contamination than processed foods.
Amibiasine, Fruit des Rois, Jus de Xango, Mang Cut, Manggis, Manggistan, Mangosta, Mangostan, Mangostana, Mangostanier, Mangostao, Mangostier, Mangoustanier, Mangouste, Mangoustier, Manguita, Meseter, Queen of Fruits, Sementah, Semetah, Xango, Xango Juice
Country of Origin
While much research is still being conducted, some of the possible health benefits of our Raw Mangosteen Powder may include:
- May be helpful in healing damaged cells
- Very high in antioxidants (high ORAC rating)
- May be effective in improving cardiovascular health
- May help to slow signs of aging
- May be useful in combatting degenerative diseases
- May help to fight fungus and parasites
- May be effective in neutralizing free radicals
- May help to reduce mental and physical deterioration
- Rich in essential vitamins and minerals
- May help to stimulate red blood cell growth
- May be useful for increasing mental energy, focus, and attention span
- Studies have shown that it contains compounds that may have anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps to maintain proper intestinal health
- May be useful in increasing longevity
- May help to reduces fatigue
- May be an effective immune system booster
- Used traditionally to help fight obesity
- May help reduce allergy symptoms
- May be useful in elevating mood
- May help to promote healthy teeth and gum
The recommended daily usage is 1-2 teaspoons.
As with all superfood powders, listen to your body, as you may find that either a smaller or higher intake is more suitable to your body. We recommend that you start with the recommended daily amount, and, if desired, gradually increase or decrease your daily consumption.
This powder blends well with juice, rice or soy milk, and yogurt, or can be added to your favorite smoothie. It can also be mixed into your homemade energy bars. While you can add this powder to a variety of recipes, raw food enthusiasts avoid cooking or heating in order to preserve the food's nutritional value.
From the Blog
- In Stock
- Calculated at Checkout
- Organic Mangosteen Powder (Raw)