Ingredient : Organic Mesquite Powder
Camu Camu Powder (Raw)
Organic Camu Camu Powder (Raw)
Incorporating our Raw Camu Camu Powder into your diet gives you a boost of Vitamin C equivalent to more than 30 oranges. Camu Camu powder is a great source of calcium, amino acids, and antioxidants, providing overall good health and well-being. Try our camu camu powder mixed into juices and smoothies for a powerful immunity boost.
How Camu Camu Powder Packs a Nutritional Punch
Our Raw Camu Camu (ka-moo ka-moo) Powder comes to you from deep within the Amazon. It is one of the highest natural sources of Vitamin C on the planet and contains 30 times more vitamin C than oranges -- more than any other botanical source. Incorporating camu camu powder into your diet gives you an arsenal of immune boosting nutrients that help ward off the common cold, fight influenza, combat viral diseases, and decrease inflammation.
Studies have shown camu camu powder to be a better alternative to synthetic Vitamin C because its food form is more easily digested and utilized by the body. This miracle fruit is 13% pure Vitamin C and offers strong support for healthy eyes, gums, and skin. Our Raw Camu Camu Powder helps to energize the body and mind, and aids in elevating mood.
Camu Camu powder has been used as a defense against depression and many individuals have effectively been weaned off clinical anti-depressants after taking camu camu powder. It has also shown to be a strong yet gentle treatment for those suffering from Attention Deficit Disorder. Nationally recognized researcher and nutritionist, Gary Null Ph.D., puts camu camu powder #2 on his list of the top 19 plants containing chemicals that have positive effects on balancing mood. Researchers say that camu camu powder is so effective because it increases serotonin levels in the brain.
Our Raw Camu Camu Powder is a powerhouse of vitamins and nutrients, like calcium, beta-carotene, potassium, iron, riboflavin, phosphorus, and thiamin. Our camu camu powder also contains phytochemicals that have strong anti-viral properties. In fact, many physicians have turned to camu camu powder as a treatment for the herpes virus. Our camu camu powder is a great source of amino acids like serine, valine, and leucine, and is used to promote healthy brain, eyes, heart, lungs, liver, and skin.
Camu Camu Powder – A Traditional Medicinal Herb
Camu Camu powder has been used as a medicinal herb in the Amazon rain forest region for thousands of years. The camu camu bush produces a purple-red cherry like fruit that is handpicked and harvested, and then gently dried at low temperatures using methods that protect the vital nutrients of the fruit.
We source our camu camu powder from the blackwater rivers of the Amazon, where the most prized fruit is found in the “conchas” or abandoned rivers in the jungles of Peru. After drying, the purple superfruit turns light beige, and is powdered and packaged in a way that maximizes the nutritional value of the fruit.
Camu Camu Powder Compliments a Variety of Foods
Today, health conscious people all over the world have access to the healing and nutritive properties of camu camu powder. Try our Raw Camu Camu Powder mixed into smoothies, shakes, and juices or sprinkle on top of yogurt and granola.
The tart taste of our camu camu powder makes a unique and flavorful addition to raw desserts, as it blends well with other sweeteners. Try making a traditional “punch” by mixing a teaspoon of our camu camu powder with water and a little palm sugar.
If cared for properly, our Raw Camu Camu Powder has a shelf life of two to three years. To preserve the freshness of this product:
- Avoid exposure to heat. The powder will remain fresh if stored at room temperature or below.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Squeeze all of the air out of the bag before sealing.
- Seal the bag tightly after each use.
- Store the powder in a dry place, and avoid all contact with moisture.
We package all of our superfood powders in all-natural brown kraft bags, each with a resealable zipper across the top. Each bag has a thin metal lining, which serves as a very effective barrier to light, oxygen, odors, flavors, moisture, and bacteria.
While printed plastic bags with clear windows may look beautiful, studies have shown that the toxins contained in the plastic are absorbed by food that is in direct contact with the plastic. Foods that are raw and all-natural, like superfood powders, are even more susceptible to this type of contamination than processed foods.
Araca d'agua, Araza de Agua, Cacari, Camo Camo, Camocamo, Camu-camu Negro, Guapuro Blanco, Rumberry
Country of Origin
While much research is still being conducted, some of the possible health benefits of our Raw Camu Camu Powder may include:
- An extremely potent source of all-natural Vitamin C
- Rich in minerals like potassium and phosphorous
- Studies have shown that it contains many compounds that may contain mood-enhancing properties
- May be effective in improving overall vitality and well-being
- May help to strengthen the immune function of a body.
- Studies have shown that it may contain anti-inflammatory properties
- Contains powerful nutrients that may be helpful for fending off viral infection
- May be beneficial for improving respiratory health
- May be helpful in maintaining memory and mental clarity
- May be useful in maintaining good vision
- May help to improve overall skin health
- May help to reduce the impact of stress
- Used for centuries as an herbal remedy for heart problems
- May be useful in maintaining healthy arteries and blood circulation
- May be effective in reducing bad cholesterol levels
- Studies have shown that it may be useful in lowering high blood pressure
- Contains many antioxidants that may eliminate free radicals from the body
- May be beneficial for detoxifying the liver
The recommended daily usage is 1 teaspoon.
As with all superfood powders, listen to your body, as you may find that either a smaller or higher intake is more suitable to your body. We recommend that you start with the recommended daily amount, and, if desired, gradually increase or decrease your daily consumption.
This powder blends well with juice, rice or soy milk, and yogurt, or can be added to your favorite smoothie. It can also be mixed into your homemade energy bars. While you can add this powder to a variety of recipes, raw food enthusiasts avoid cooking or heating in order to preserve the food's nutritional value.
From the Blog
- In stock
- Calculated at Checkout
- Organic Camu Camu Powder (Raw)