We've got warm weather on the mind, and making this chocolatey frozen maca recipe is at the top of our to-do list! It's perfect for an indulgent dessert, or a tasty snack! The star of the recipe is organic maca root powder, known for its powerful health benefits including its ability to relieve stress, boost energy, balance hormones and support weight loss.
Get the recipe below, and watch this fun video to see it in action!
Frozen Maca Recipe
- 1 cup frozen bananas
- 1 cup of ice, plus more for topping at the end
- ⅓ cup of raisins
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp Organic Chia Seeds
- 2 tsps Organic Maca Root Powder
- Optional handful of Organic Cacao Nibs
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Chop the dark chocolate, put it into a small ceramic bowl, and melt it in the microwave in 10-second increments.
- Coat the inside of your favorite jar with the melted chocolate.
- Pour the drink into the jar.
- Add more ice and chopped cacao nibs on top.