Welcome to fall, superfoodies, the only time of the year when it’s appropriate to consume pumpkin spice everything, as often as you can. And while we’re not ones to deny an indulging treat every once in awhile, all the lattes, muffins, and those exciting seasonal donuts can take a toll on our health.
In celebration of the season, we’re loving our pumpkin protein powder, which is derived from nutrient-rich pumpkin seeds. After a gentle sprouting and fermenting process, the end result is a silky smooth protein powder that contains all of the amino acids, as well as wide variety of other nutrients found naturally in pumpkin seeds.
What other health benefits besides extra protein for vegetarians, vegans, or anyone looking to get a little boost, does pumpkin protein powder provide? From its humble beginnings, this powder is derived from nutrient-rich pepitas which are known to support heart health, immunity, prostate health and liver health. Plus, this powder provides a significant source of tryptophan to ensure restful sleep.
Pumpkin protein powder can be used in all the same ways as your other favorite plant-based protein powders, mixed into a post-workout smoothie or simply added to water or energy bars. While we believe that plant-based protein powders such as this one are great replacements for any processed protein powder you may find, in the spirit of the season, we’d like to mention all of our favorite ways to use this superfood. Check them out below:
Baked into bread
This “protein bread” recipe is way easier to make than regular bread, so don’t worry, even the most inexperienced baker can master this one:
Pumpkin Seed Protein Bread
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Using a food processor, blend all the above ingredients together.
- Pour the mix into a nonstick pan. Pour it in until it reaches the top of the pan.
- Bake 350 F for 35-40 minutes or until when you poke the bread with a knife, your knife comes out clean.2
Blended into a smoothie
The classic way to use your favorite protein powder. Simply add to your favorite smoothie and enjoy! Here’s our go-to recipe:
Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder
- 1 banana, frozen
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
Stirred into some oats
Fall is the best time to whip up some cozy oatmeal, so why not add some seasonal flavors into it? Here’s a recipe we love:
Pumpkin Pie Protein Overnight Oatmeal
- 3 Tbs pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder
- In a small bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, milk, and yogurt together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Divide between 2 small bowls, mugs, or mason jars. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with syrup/honey or chopped pecans for crunch if desired.
- Enjoy cold, or microwave for 30-60 seconds to enjoy warm.