One of our favorite ways to spend a weekend morning (okay fine, any morning!) is baking up some healthy goodies. Not only do we these batch recipes provide healthy brunch options, but we use leftovers for quick breakfasts all week long!
While we’re never opposed to a tasty treat, we love adding superfoods to our baked goods, so we know we’re packing a nutritional punch. Even better? Adding protein to help us power through the day!
Here’s one of our go-to easy recipes: healthy banana protein muffins! They’re flourless, sugar-free, and contain about 6 grams of protein per muffin. A perfect addition to your brunch plate, or breakfast on the go!
Recipe: Healthy Banana Protein Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 1/4 cup Sunburst Superfoods Protein Powder of choice
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 2/3 cup oat bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs (optional)
- Coconut oil (for greasing)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Whisk together oat bran, protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix mashed banana, applesauce, greek yogurt, egg whites, and vanilla together until smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Add cacao nibs. Let batter sit two minutes before dividing into 12 muffin cups and bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes, and serve warm!