Nothing beats an energy ball when you need a healthy snack on the go! Not only are these ones loaded with protein to keep you satisfied, but they also provide a rich source of vitamin B12, antioxidants, calcium and iodine. Scientific studies have suggested that consuming spirulina on a daily basis can also aid in better brain function, memory, and learning abilities.
Combined with organic chia seeds for a boost of essential fatty acids, as tasty peanut butter and cacao nibs, these strike the perfect balance of nutritious and delicious!
Learn how to make this simple recipe in the video, and catch the recipe below!
Recipe: Energizing Spirulina Balls
Makes ~18 balls
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅔ cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsps Sunburst Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp Sunburst Organic Spirulina Powder
- ⅓ cup Sunburst Organic Cacao Nibs
- Add all the ingredients - except for the cacao nibs- into a food processor.
- Pulse a few times until the mixture starts to come together.
- To test if it’s ready, grab a piece of the mixture and press it with your fingers. If it holds together, it’s ready. If it falls apart, continue pulsing.
- Pass the mixture to a bowl and fold in the cacao nibs with a spatula.
- Press the mixture into 1.5” balls and put them in a baking dish.
- Pop the baking dish in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Dust a flat surface with spirulina, take the balls out of the freezer, and roll them over the spirulina until they’re completely coated.
- Enjoy immediately or put them in the fridge. They will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge inside an airtight container.