It’s been called the most nutrient-rich plant ever studied: moringa is one of the most effective superfoods for optimal health!
Moringa powder is derived of the naturally dried Moringa plant, which is native to India. The name “Moringa,” meaning “reddish-brown,” most likely refers to the color of the seeds, as this green superfood has been held in the same high regard as others like alfalfa sprouts, spirulina, and barley grass.
How can Moringa help you? Check out the some of its effects on the body:
- High levels of iron, vitamin A, and and magnesium can boost the immune system, increase energy and decrease fatigue.
- Vitamin A and E help your skin fight wrinkles and other marks of aging.
- Loaded with protein and amino acids, aiding in muscle growth.
- The magnesium levels are high enough to reduce stress levels (a.k.a the perfect “chill pill”).
- Calcium and fiber help support a healthy digestive system.
The easiest way to incorporate moringa into your daily diet is through a smoothie, and this recipe is one of our favorites. It’s packed with protein, so you can enjoy it for a filling breakfast, or a post-workout recovery.
Recipe: Moringa Protein Smoothie
- 1 teaspoon Sunburst Superfoods Moringa Powder
- 1 tablespoon Sunburst Superfoods Hemp Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon nut butter of choice
- 1 handful leafy greens of choice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 cup almond milk
Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Enjoy!