Admit it, you’re into the new smoothie bowl trend in which smoothies are eaten with a spoon (crazy, right?!). Smoothie bowls differ from your everyday smoothie because of their thicker consistency and endless topping options - fruit, granola, chia seeds, you name it! Plus, not only are these little bowls of happiness healthy, but they’re also gorgeous!
These beauties have our mouths watering whenever they pop up on our Instagram feeds. So in case you’ve been dying to learn how to make a nutritious and aesthetically pleasing smoothie bowl, here are a few recipes to try.
Coconut Acai Smoothie Bowl
- 2 teaspoons acai powder
- 1 large banana
- ½ cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ cup dried mulberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ¼ apple, thinly sliced
- Blend the acai, banana, coconut water, honey and 1 tablespoon of the chia seeds until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the mulberries, blackberries, apple, remaining chia seeds.
Chocolaty Almond Butter and Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons granola or nuts
- Blend the almond milk, ½ the banana, ice, almond butter, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the cacao nibs, granola or nuts and remaining ½ banana.
Avocado and Greenpower Smoothie Bowl
- 1 tablespoon Greenpower Mix Powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup ice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons raspberry powder
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Blend the Greenpower Mix Powder, almond milk, ½ of the banana, avocado, ice, and honey until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the raspberry powder, kiwi, chia seeds, remaining ½ banana, and an optional drizzle of honey.
These are just a few examples! Create your own masterpiece using this formula:
- 1 cup of any frozen fruit
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup of nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter or sweetener
- Whatever toppings you’d prefer (chia seeds, goji berries, hemps seeds, shredded coconut, fresh fruit, etc.)
And remember: you can never include too many superfoods!