The leaves are changing colors, there’s a crispness to the air and people are pulling out their sweaters. Autumn is officially here! That means it’s time for pumpkin-flavored everything, included - you guessed it - pumpkin spice lattes!
The Starbucks-inspired beverage is a classic of sorts, but let’s face it. It’s not the healthiest choice on the menu. Loaded with sugar and artificial flavors, it can leave you feeling tired and sluggish after the caffeine wears off and the blood sugar spikes.
But good news! You don’t need to ditch the pumpkin spice latte altogether. Here’s a healthier version that not only skips the sugar, but also provides an extra protein boost!
- 1/2 cup organic pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup black coffee
- 1 scoop Sprout Living Pumpkin Seed Protein
- 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 dash cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a stovetop and simmer on low heat for five minutes while whisking (or alternatively you could microwave for 45 seconds)
- Pour into a mug and sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy!