Father’s Day is coming up! How will you celebrate the special men in your life this weekend?
If you’re looking for a fun treat that’s perfect for summer, may we suggest superfood popsicles?
Loved by both adults and kids, these sweet treats are perfect for quick snacks, desserts, or even breakfast. Let Dad decide!
With delicious flavors and an added boost of protein it’s better than ever. No need to pick up sugary, store-bought popsicles for your barbecue: these are simple to assemble and loaded with nutrients! In addition to the fruit, freeze-dried acai berry powder provides antioxidants to fight free radicals and ward off illness. You could use a different superfood powder too, but the acai flavor goes so well with raspberries.
The easily digestible protein powder is an added bonus – a great way to help muscles recover. You could use any protein powder you prefer to make it your own, but we recommend using one that doesn’t have a strong taste.
Recipe: Acai Berry Popsicles
Makes about 6 popsicles (depending on your molds)
- 1 tablespoon acai berry powder
- 2 tablespoons protein powder of choice (we suggest brown rice or hemp protein)
- 3 cups raspberries
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
- Pour into popsicle molds or if use an ice cube tray and popsicle sticks. Freeze 4-6 hours.
- Run frozen molds under warm water for about a minute to remove the popsicles. Enjoy!