Welcome to 2017! There’s something magical about a brand new year. It’s a clean slate, a chance to hit the reset button and lay the foundation for a healthy year.
Our bodies take a big hit during the holidays, so January is a great time to detox our cells, tissues and organs where toxins have accumulated. The best way to do this is by taking simple steps to get back to healthy habits.
Incorporating superfoods is an easy way to add vitamins and nutrients back into your diet, since you can add them to nearly anything! Throw a handful of hemp seeds into a smoothie. Top your salad with chia seeds. Add a teaspoon of maca powder in your coffee.
There are a few superfoods we consider essential for resetting the system and rejuvenating the body. Brown Rice Protein Powder, Beet Juice Powder and Mixed Grass Juice Powder are the three key ingredients to creating a healthy year.
When we take care of our bodies and minds, and nourish ourselves with high quality ingredients, we can accomplish more and reach our biggest goals. Everything we want to achieve out of life starts with great health.
The Superfood Challenge!
To encourage our community to kick off 2017 on the best foot, we’re running a special challenge for the month of January! Whether it’s one of the “essentials” or another favorite, all you need to do is use a superfood every day. To participate in the contest share a photo of your superfood creation.
For each photo you share during the Superfood Challenge, you’ll be entered to win a FitBit Alta! Simply tell us what superfoods you’re using and how by replying to this email, or posting a superfood photo on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. On social media, tag your photos with @sunburstsuperfoods and use the hashtag #superfoodchallenge. Feel free to share how you’re using superfoods in the challenge in your caption, we’d love to know!
Simple Green Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons Brown Rice Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon Greenpower Blend Powder
- 6-10 almonds
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- Blend until smooth
Midday Energy Booster
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1-2 teaspoons Beet Juice Powder
- Optional: heat or steam your almond milk
- Using a frother, combine the almond milk and beet juice powder and blend well.
Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Grass Juice Powder
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 cup fresh berries
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add to a bowl and top with optional granola or other favorite toppings.
Homemade Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Protein Powder
- 1 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Line a square pan with parchment paper.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the almonds, chop and set aside.
- Pour in the remaining almonds and the salt into a food processor or blender and process until you have a smooth almond butter.
- Add the oats, protein powder, cinnamon, and maple syrup, and process until smooth.
- Press the mixture into the pan and top with the chopped almonds, pressing those into the bars.
- Allow the bars to set in the fridge for 20 minutes before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Detoxifying Morning Tonic
- 1 teaspoon Beet Juice Powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 8 ounces water
- Handful of ice
- Optional: squeeze of lemon, agave or honey to sweeten, chia seeds
- Add all ingredients in a mason jar or shaker and mix well.
*This promotion/challenge has ended