We’d be lying if we said we didn’t already indulge in a bit of ice cream, or N'Ice Cream, this summer, so we were interested in discovering new ways to enjoy this sweet treat without consuming so much sugar and processed ingredients. Then we realized that superfoods make the perfect ingredients for homemade ice cream, that's both healthy and delicious! Plus, who wouldn’t want to get their daily dose of superfoods with this delicious dessert?
You’ll need an ice cream maker for these recipes - if you don’t have one, here’s an affordable option to start off with. With these recipes in hand, we think your ice cream maker will become an essential part of your culinary creations. Enjoy, superfoodies!
1. Green Power Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1-4 teaspoons Organic Greenpower Blend Powder
- ½ cup Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Squeeze of lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Whisk together the green powder, sugar, vanilla, lemon,and salt.
- Pour into your chilled ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 1-2 hours to firm up a bit before enjoying.
2. Cacao Almond Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 heaping tablespoons Organic Cacao Powder
- 2 tablespoons Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- In a microwaveable bowl or cup whisk 1/2 cup almond milk with the cacao and sugar until fully incorporated. Microwave for 40 seconds and then stir.
- Place bananas plus the remainder of the almond milk into a blender along with the cacao mixture and puree for about 10 seconds.
- Place mixture in the ice cream maker and process for 20 minutes or until thick.
- Serve right away or store in the freezer for later use or to firm up a bit more if desired.
3. Almond Butter Ice Cream
- One can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup creamy Raw Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup organic raw agave
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine all of the ingredients into a blender. Pulse on high until smooth, well mixed and frothy.
- Store in the fridge for at least 2 hours to completely chill. Once chilled, remove from the fridge. Whisk the ice cream again and pour into your ice cream maker. Remove the ice cream a few minutes before you are ready to serve.
4. Moringa Powder Ice Cream
- 1 can organic full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup organic unrefined granular sweetener
- 2 teaspoons Organic Moringa Powder
- 1/2 cup Organic Cacao Nibs
- Add the canned coconut milk, coconut palm sugar, and moringa powder to a Vitamix, or other blender, and blend until it is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker and prepare according to your machine's directions.
- When it's finished, stir in the cacao nibs by hand.
- For a firmer ice cream, put the inner ice cream container into the freezer for approximately 1-2 hours and it will be firm enough for you to scoop it out.
Shop the Post