It’s the season for picnics in the park, patio parties and beach BBQs!
Whether you choose to drink alcohol or not, enjoying cocktails in a healthier way is possible by - you guessed it - adding the powerful benefits of superfoods.
Feel free to add in the alcohol or keep it out of these seasonal cocktail recipes, and enjoy the health benefits you’ll get while you sip all summer long!
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Blueberry Powder
- 4 ounces white rum
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 6 ounces club soda
- Optional: fresh blueberries to garnish
- Combine water and blueberry powder thoroughly. Set aside.
- Add mint leaves and sugar to a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler (or the end of a wooden spoon) to muddle the mint and sugar.
- Add the lime juice, rum and blueberry mixture: shake vigorously.
- Pour ice and club soda into two tall glasses and then pour in rum mixture. Gently stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge, fresh blueberries and a sprig of mint. Serve immediately.
Berry Red Wine Sangria
- 1 bottle red wine, chilled
- 1 teaspoon Pomegranate Juice Powder
- 1 cup water, chilled
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 8 ounces strawberries
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup club soda, chilled
- 3/4 cup red seedless grapes, frozen
- Garnish: mint leaves, orange slices, strawberries
- Combine red wine, pomegranate powder, water, fresh orange juice, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and honey in a large pitcher.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add club soda and frozen grapes into the pitcher.
- Serve in glasses garnished with mint leaves, orange slices and strawberry slices.
We know that many people choose to avoid alcohol for a plethora of reasons. That being said, feel free to replace the alcohol in these recipes with sparkling water for a classy, booze-free take on these delicious cocktails!
Acai and Raspberry Spritzer
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 a lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp Acai Berry Powder
- Two shots of rum, vodka or gin
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Optional ice and lemon slices for garnish
- In a blender, combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Pour a shot of the preferred alcohol into each large chilled glass.
- Pour the fruit mix into the glasses and top with sparkling water.
- Stir well and garnish each glass with a slice of lemon and ice.