Organic Elderberries (Dried)
Elderberries may be best known for their ability to combat flu viruses and respiratory ailments. Our Organic Elderberries are rich in the flavonoid quercetin, which is believed to account for most of the therapeutic properties of the berry.
When symptoms of flu arise, natural healers and health conscious individuals turn to the elderberry to work its magic on stubborn viruses. The elderberry has been treasured for its medicinal properties since the days of Hippocrates, and this powerful berry was even used 1995 to treat a flu epidemic in Panama.
Providing Respiratory Relief
If you are looking for an effective defense against ailments like coughs, colds, and bronchitis, our Organic Elderberries may provide the support that you need. Elderberries have been shown to relieve allergies and hay fever, soothe a sore throat, combat sinusitis, lower fever, and treat emphysema.
Elderberries offer full-spectrum support for a variety of health conditions. Our Dried Elderberries are often used as a gentle laxative, and have a correcting effect on mild diarrhea. Many other illnesses, such as high cholesterol, cardiovascular disease, and viral and bacterial infections can be eased with the consumption of our Dried Elderberries.
This super berry is a wonderful source of tannins, amino acids, carotenoids, and Vitamins A and B. The high Vitamin C content in elderberries accounts for the strong antioxidant properties that can protect against cell damage.
Are Elderberries Poisonous?
There are many species of elderberries grown around the world, and most species are, surprisingly, poisonous. However, the fully ripe berries of the European Eldeberry (Sambucus nigra), which is exactly what we sell, are not poisonous. Before consuming, these berries should be boiled down into a syrup, as they do contain low levels of naturally occuring toxins. By boiling, the toxins are completely removed, leaving a safe, toxin-free syrup that is high in antioxidants, and highly beneficial for the immune system.
Our Organic Elderberries continue the healing tradition of this miracle plant.
If cared for properly, our Organic Elderberries have a shelf life of up to one year. To preserve the freshness of this product:
- Avoid exposure to heat. The powder will remain fresh if stored at room temperature or below.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Squeeze all of the air out of the bag before sealing.
- Seal the bag tightly after each use.
- Store the powder in a dry place, and avoid all contact with moisture.
We package all of our superfood powders in all-natural brown kraft bags, each with a resealable zipper across the top. Each bag has a thin metal lining, which serves as a very effective barrier to light, oxygen, odors, flavors, moisture, and bacteria.
While printed plastic bags with clear windows may look beautiful, studies have shown that the toxins contained in the plastic are absorbed by food that is in direct contact with the plastic. Foods that are raw and all-natural, like superfood powders, are even more susceptible to this type of contamination than processed foods.
Arbre de Judas, Baccae, Baises de Sureau, Black-Berried Alder, Black Elder, Black Elderberry, Boor Tree, Bountry, Elder, Common Elder. Elder Berry, Elderberries, Ellanwood, Ellhorn, European Alder, European Black Elder, European Black Elderberry, European Elderberry, European Elder Fruit, European Elderberry, Fruit de Sureau, Grand Sureau, Hautbois, Holunderbeeren, Sabugeuiro-negro, Sambequier, Sambu, Sambuc, Sambuci Sambucus, Sambucus nigra, Sambugo, Sauco, Saúco Europeo, Schwarzer Holunder, Seuillet, Seuillon, Sureau, Sureau Européen, Sureau Noir, Sus, Suseau, Sussier
Country of Origin
While much research is still being conducted, some of the possible health benefits of our Organic Elderberries may include:
- Used for centuries by traditional healers to treat colds and fevers
- Studies show that it contains anti-inflammatory properties
- May be beneficial in helping to maintain proper cholesterol levels
- Helpful in supporting a healthy immune system
- May increase metabolic unction
- May be effective in healing and preventing infections
- Traditionally used as a diuretic or laxative
- Studies indicate that it contains many anti-inflammatory benefits
- May be effective in relieving arthritis
- Beneficial in improving vision
- May be effective against bacterial and viral infections
- Beneficial in treating sinus infection
The recommended daily usage is 1-2 teaspoons. As with all superfood powders, listen to your body, as you may find that either a smaller or higher intake is more suitable to your body. We recommend that you start with the recommended daily amount, and, if desired, gradually increase or decrease your daily consumption.
This powder blends well with juice, rice or soy milk, and yogurt, or can be added to your favorite smoothie. It can also be mixed into your homemade energy bars. While you can add this powder to a variety of recipes, raw food enthusiasts avoid cooking or heating in order to preserve the food's nutritional value.
- 3 Qts. of Water
- 2 Cups. of Dried Elderberries
- 2 Sticks Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Peppercorns
- 1-2 teaspoon Cloves
- 2" piece of Ginger (Chopped or Grated)
- 1/2 to 1 Cup. Honey
1. Combine all of the above ingredients in a pot (except the honey)
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1/2 hour or so.
3. Strain the mixture into a bowl, add 1/2 to 1 C. Add honey while warm so it will blend well.
4. Place in a glass jar or bowl and store in the refrigerator.
The information on this page has not been evaluated by the FDA or any other medical experts. Statements on this web site are not intended to be a replacement for medical advice from your personal physician. Please read our Site Disclaimer for additional information.
Be the first to review this product.
- 1 Pound Bag = $18.97 ($18.97/lb)
- In Stock
- Calculated at Checkout